As a volunteer with Pets for Patriots (Pets), I understand I will be volunteering, either directly or indirectly, to facilitate the placement of adult and at-risk dogs and cats with available, able and willing military families in the United States. I understand that compliance with all of the requirements below is mandatory for volunteerism with Pets:
1. The references I provide may be contacted by phone or email. (Note: References may not be needed for all volunteer positions).
2. I understand that Pets has my permission to use my name and photographs of me to promote the organization.
3. I will not hold Pets responsible for any unforeseen injuries or problems that may occur during the course of my volunteer position, and I agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless Pets, its directors, officers and volunteers, from and against liability for any injuries, damages, liabilities, losses, judgments, costs or expenses whatsoever that I, or any other animal or person, might suffer or sustain, except any losses which are the direct result of Pets’ gross negligence or intentional misconduct.
4. I understand I may not represent or obligate Pets either through written or oral communications without the express written approval of Pets, including communications with the media. I understand that I must uphold the organization’s values and be mindful of how I represent Pets via the Internet, social networking and other forms of public interaction.
5. I understand that some volunteer activities at Pets may bring me into contact with adult or at-risk dogs or cats, and I agree to accept any and all risks of personal injury and property damage associated with such activities. I further acknowledge that there may be additional risks that are either not known to me or not readily foreseeable, and I fully accept and assume all such risks and all responsibility for losses, costs and damages I may incur as a result of my volunteer activity with Pets.
6. I understand that I may receive personal information regarding a military family on an as-needed basis, and a military family may choose to disclose information. I understand that this information is confidential, especially addresses and contact information, and that it is not to be disclosed to an outside party in written or verbal form, nor in an electronic communication such as mail, website accessible by the public, etc.
7. I understand that I may not accept any gifts, fees or gratuities for myself or any member of my family or household, and that I may not benefit financially or commercially as a result of my volunteerism with Pets.
8. I agree to disclose immediately to Pets any personal or financial interests that may be inconsistent with the organization’s best interests.
9. I agree to protect the Pets brand with integrity, and I understand that I may not use the Pets name, logo, endorsement, services or property for my personal advantage or for the advantage of others without the express written consent of Pets.
10. Many military members choose not to have their photos taken for personal or other reasons. I understand that I may not photograph, nor arrange for a photograph of, military members without first receiving approval from a Pets Staff Member of Volunteer Supervisor to ensure that Pets has obtained expressed written consent from the military member.
11. I understand that the terms listed above are not all-inclusive and may be updated, as needed.