Home › Forget Me Not › Jessie the Border Collie mix is ready to chase some squeaky balls!
- My name is Jessie
- On my last birthday, I was 8
- I am a girl
- I've been homeless since May 1, 2016
The Good Stuff
- My best trick is fetch! And making sure the yard is safe from those pesky squirrels because I'm very good at chasing them.
- Me in three words: smart, sassy, and loyal...but if you gave me more I'd add adorable and loving, too...
- How I feel about other critters: I enjoy the company of dogs who are well-mannered, confident, and who know when I occasionally need to play by myself. After all, a girl sometimes just needs her space! No kitties, please.
- My absolute favorite thing to do in the world is chase squeaky balls in the yard! I'm super fast and if you throw it, I will follow! It must be the Border Collie in me. I just can't help myself! ;)
- This is what I dream about when I dream about my perfect person or family: a relatively quiet person, couple or family (older kids only) who will love and accept me. Almost three years ago I was rescued from the illegal meat trade in Thailand and ever since then have been in a small city shelter, waiting for my hero. My ideal home has another, more confident dog who appreciates my sassy and loving personality, but I would be okay as the only pup as well. I'm house trained, barely shed, walk beautifully on leash, and hardly ever bark...fur-real! My lucky adopter will live in New York, New Jersey, Connecticut or Pennsylvania (that is, within a 3-hour drive of NYC). And they'll understand that I'll need some time and patience after being without a real home for so long. Oh, and did I mention that I love baths, car rides and being pampered?
I even have a special guardian angel - an amazing human who will sponsor positive-reinforcement 'welcome home' training to my lucky adopter to help me get used to home life even faster.
- See my shelter/rescue online bio here
My Shelter/Rescue Representative
- The shelter/rescue caring for me is Posh Pets Long Beach Animal Shelter
- It's located in Long Beach, NY
- I'm available to be adopted out of state.
- Contact this person to meet me Linda
- Call: (516) 431-7674
Is Jessie adopted yet
Yes! Jessie got adopted in November.
Has this dog been adopted?
I would love to Foster her here in Maine. I’m sure I could find her a home with someone here. If someone could meet me halfway with her.
We are also interested, a couple with an college age daughter. No current pets, our darling pup passed last summer, and we are ready to add another to our family. We put in the application already, so waiting to hear back. We would love to come to meet her soon.
Get her to Memphis and I’ll give her a forever home, yard,dog owner all my life, very good with shy, hurt Dogs
Looks like she’s only allowed to stay in certain states which is a bunch of crap if they want her to get adopted out.
Hello. I’m Julie and very interested in Jessie. We have two puppies, One four-year-old Chihuahua mix and one 2 1/2-year-old Shih Tzu, and two children a girl age six and a boy age 9 1/2.
Please let us know if Jesse is still available. My family and I would love to come meet her.
Looks like lots of interest in Jessie. If still looking for a home, I would be very interested. I am retired, and we adopt senior rescue dogs. We currently have 2 cockers. Sitka is 11 yrs old and all black, and has been with us for 8 yrs. Mazy was adopted last May. She’s 5, blonde and was a breeder dog. We have a fenced yard and a great vet clinic very near that knows us well since rescue seniors often have health problems. But we’re in Florida. If Jessie still needs a home, I would love to welcome her to our family. Thanks for all you do!!!
I live in Montana, and have an English Shepherd whose very mellow female and a borgi who’s mail about 5 a very playful and a very social dog. I do have kitties so she didn’t have to learn to get along with kitties and she could
I have at 14 year old Golden Retreiver. Do you think she would be able to adjust to life with him?
I would love to come meet her if she is still available…..I live in West Chester, PA with my husband, our three teenaged children and our 2 year old Golden Retriver, Nash. I think Nash would love Jessie….
Wonderful! Please apply for Jessie directly from her shelter bio at bit.ly/save-jessie, and/or call the shelter to discuss at (516) 431-7674. Thank you and paws crossed!!
I just called and cannot Adopt her because I have cats and live in Michigan but she is still available. ????
Has jessie been adopted yet?
Has Jessie been adopted yet?
Does she have a family yet? I live in Memphis, TN. I have a cocker named Noah. If she could be transported or adopted from this far away, I would like to know because her story moved me. Please reply.
I love her, can she be transitioned with cats, I’ve had rescues that didn’t like my cats, the cats just hid sometimes. But mostly came out at night.
Hi my name is Patti. I really like Jessie. I adopted a shelter dog 2 years ago and am looking for a buddy for her. I live in Pa. You may think I am too old. I am 68 and am a very big animal lover. I also worked as a vet tech for 5 years. I would really like you to consider me. Thank you
Hello, I am 62 and retired (so I have lots of time to devote to a loving dog), live 5 miles outside of Woodstock NY on a private road with 5 wooded acres. I also have 2 cats but you didn’t mention if Jessie would be okay them. I can supply veterinarian references.
Please contact me.
My heart just melted! I have 2 babies that would love a sister here I Georgia!
I am an Aussie mom, do I’m familiar with the need for play. My first girl, Mollie, was black, we lost her 4 yrs ago. My Miss Maggie, we lost just before Christmas 2018. I have Lulu Mae, 3yrs. We have 4 acres and are outside a lot, weather permitting. Lots of snuggle time is mandatory. I would love so much to be Jessie’s mama too!
Oh, I hope someone gets her! I would but we live in Iowa. We have 2 dogs. However we have a couple young kids though I wouldn’t be worried, my kids do very well giving animals space. She is adorable!
Could transport to NC be set up? I’ll gladly take her