- My name is Samuel
- On my last birthday, I was 7
- I am a boy
- I've been homeless since October 7, 2011
The Good Stuff
- My best trick is just being me. I never had a person or family of my own to teach me tricks, but I'm willing to learn some! Unless of course being handsome is a trick. If it is, I'm quite excellent at it!
- Me in three words: Sweet, reserved, loving
- How I feel about other critters: I love other dogs, but am not a fan of the kitty kind.
- My absolute favorite thing to do in the world is to take long walks or just hang with my special person. Oh, and did I mention that I love getting rubs and scratches on my neck?
- This is what I dream about when I dream about my perfect person or family: a quiet, adult-only home. You see, I've spent nearly my entire life in a shelter. It can be kind of noisy, you know? So at this point I need a confident guardian who can make me feel safe and loved. I’m just looking someone to end my years of loneliness, to take me for leisurely strolls, listen to the crickets, and just let me be me!
- See my shelter/rescue online bio here
My Shelter/Rescue Representative
- The shelter/rescue caring for me is Stray Rescue of St. Louis
- It's located in St. Louis, MO
- I'm available to be adopted out of state.
- Contact this person to meet me Natalie Thomson
- Call: 314-771-6121 ext. 264
- Email: [email protected]
Good news everyone! Samuel has been adopted!
Is he still available? I notice his information has not been updated in quite some time. Thank you!
Amy, we’ve sent an inquiry to Stray Rescue to ask about Samuel’s status, though he is still listed on their site as available.
what is the cost of a veteran adoption also out of state (CA) transport costs?
Update? Has he been adopted?
Samuel is still available!
Pets for Patriots
Have you considered sharing Samuel’s profile with Susie’s Senior Dogs? They do a great job of getting visibility to senior dogs in shelters that need homes. While I am not personally in a situation to adopt Samuel, I’d love to help if I can sponsor him in anyway.
Update on Samuel. Has he been adopted? Is he available?
Hi Danielle! We’d LOVE to have you help sponsor Sam and hopefully help him find his home. You can donate right here: https://www.strayrescue.org/donate.
Thank you so much for helping out our Sam!
Where can we donate to sponser Sam?
Samuels story broke my heart. His story is the same as many around the world and its so sad. I’m in South Florida and we are in the process of adopting a shelter dog as we speak…wish we could do more for more dogs
I just clicked the link in his bio (See my shelter/rescue online bio here) and he still hasn’t been adopted 🙁
Did Brittni adopt him?
I meant sweet babe!
Any updates on this sweaty babe?
I would love to hear good news in an update.
Please Brittni….don’t break his heart. Hes waiting to be picked up and we’re cheering for the love match!
Hi! We’d LOVE to have Brittni adopt Samuel!! Samuel does require a couple of meet and greets (or a bit of wining and dining first) before he’ll feel comfortable enough to go home with you. Brittni, if you could please email me at [email protected] I’d be more than happy to set up a time for you to meet him!
Can we get an update please?
Is there an update? Did Brittni get to adopt?
Brittni I pray that U adopt this sweet baby. That sad look in his eyes turning into ahappy, joyous look would be an awesome reward for U. He would be a loyal friend for life ????????????????
Hope this lovely boy finds his forever home. Love him. Hugs all the way from New Zealand
We’re interested in him !!! We would love love love him
5 years is a long time to be without a loving family and a place to call home. Something about this guy’s story, maybe it’s his patience or his strength and ability to still love people after being overlooked by adopters for so long. Please consider Samuel if you are looking for a loyal companion.